Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Exciting Events

Tonight, I am attending a cocktail party with officials from the government of Vanuatu and USAID. This is quite exciting since I will be able to network with other world travelers and others invested in community empowerment. I'm very excited about meeting and learning from them. This coming Saturday through next Thursday I will be staying with a current Peace Corps Volunteer on the island of Espiritu Santo. There, I will observe classrooms and learn more about the culture and education here. My host family has told me not to go to outside at night to avoid “black magic.” I told them I wouldn't, but I'm not too concerned about it.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're having such amazing adventures! The place certainly seems to have a small-town feel to it. I'm impressed that you're learning the language so well already! And business trips and cocktail parties are certainly the stuff of adulthood--not to mention travelling across the world to some place you'd recently never even heard of to help people you hadn't known existed. To me, it's that kind of compassion that is the mark of a truly mature man.
    Love,
    Emily
    PS Stay safe, both from natural disasters, and black magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much. is this my aunt emily or my friend emily?

    ReplyDelete